Maples and Calder is the leading law firm advising clients across various sectors, including banking, finance and fund industries, in relation to FATCA and its impact.
Our understanding of its application and evolution within the Cayman Islands is second to none, given our involvement with the Cayman Islands Government working group since its inception.
Our offices in Ireland and the British Virgin Islands have also been closely involved in the development of FATCA regimes within their respective jurisdictions.
We have a team of FATCA experts comprised of key members from the core areas of our global practice. We provide constructive and insightful advice to a range of different clients, including investment managers, collateral managers, fund administrators, trustees and investment banks.
FATCA advice from Maples and Calder
- The Cayman Islands FATCA regulations with regards to Cayman Islands financial institutions
- Entity classification for FATCA purposes
- The exploration of exemptions from registration and reporting
- The differences between US and UK FATCA
- Consideration of the rules and requirements applicable to Non-Financial Foreign Entities (NFFE)
- The establishment of due diligence programs
- The review of FATCA service agreements (by third-party service providers)
- Changes to documentation, such as offering documents and subscription agreements
- The provision of language for new deals to ensure full FATCA compliance
- Assisting service providers (such as fund administrators and trustees) with terms for the provision of FATCA services
To further our thought-leadership, we produce as needed client updates on the development of FATCA which serve to outline its impact on various sectors. These important updates have been extremely well-received and have attracted a great deal of positive feedback.
Contact Maples for expert FATCA advice
Our affiliated company Maples Fund Services can provide efficient services to clients to assist them with their registration, filings, client on boarding and reporting requirements under FATCA.
British Virgin Islands
- BVI Regulatory Obligations and Filing Deadlines 2018
- Cayman Islands Launches Country-by-Country Portal
- Cayman Islands Country-by-Country Reporting Guidance Released
- Cayman Islands AEOI Update – March 2018
- BVIFARS Reopened and Updated CRS Reportable Jurisdictions List Published
- Cayman CRS: Updated Lists of Participating and Reportable Jurisdictions
- Cayman Islands Country-By-Country Reporting: Preparation for Portal Launch