Whether you are looking for an onshore or offshore hedge fund product, we have the relevant expertise to assist you through our global groups - our Cayman Islands Funds Group, our Irish Funds Group, our British Virgin Islands Funds Group and our Luxembourg Funds Group.
The 31 December 2017 comparison figures below show our coverage of the key funds jurisdictions.
Our hedge funds practice acts for:
- six out of the top 10 world's largest single managers ranked by assets under management;
- three out of the five largest hedge fund launches in 2017, according to HFM Week;
- 16 out of the 20 largest European Hedge Fund Managers, ranked by assets under management; and
- eight out of the 10 largest European hedge funds launched in 2017, according to HFM Week
We value the strong relationships we have developed with our clients. We believe that the best results are achieved by creating teams within a group structure so that our lawyers and MaplesFS professionals can work closely together to provide a comprehensive range of legal, fiduciary and administration services
We predominantly advise in conjunction with leading onshore hedge fund counsel in the relevant jurisdictions, and our experience as offshore counsel for hedge funds is second to none.
Latest BVI News
- Private Client International Comparative Legal Guide 2019: BVI
- Expanding Use of Segregated Portfolio Companies in the BVI
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- BVI & Cayman Islands Sanctions – Additional Reporting Obligations
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by IFLR1000 2019
In 2017 we acted on 37% of all CIMA registered funds. That level of Cayman Islands market experience is unmatched, and we use insights gained for the benefit of our clients.