Our Middle East practice is based in Dubai, from where it provides a full legal service in Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands law to many high-profile investment managers, banks and fund managers right across the region. As well as working in a convenient time zone, our Middle East practice brings in-depth local market and cultural knowledge to your business.
Complex Islamic finance transactions are an important part of our capability. We work with major corporations and law firms with interests throughout the Middle East, providing integrated services tailored to their individual needs.
Our award-winning Dubai office can provide an objective view on how best to optimise your business transactions. We can also offer you specialised fiduciary, fund administration, entity formation and management and trust and private client services through our affiliate, MaplesFS.
- CIMA Issues Amendments to the AML Guidance Notes
- Maples Delivers the First Cayman Islands DIP Finance Scheme of Arrangement
- BVI & Cayman Islands Sanctions – Additional Reporting Obligations
- Japan's Increasing Attraction to Alternative Investments
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by IFLR1000 2019
Industry recognition includes the following awards:
- 2011 IFLR Middle East - Project finance deal of the year
- 2011 IFLR Middle East - Debt and equity-linked deal of the year
- 2011 EuroWeek Award - Islamic Finance Deal of the Year
- 2011 Islamic Finance News - Offshore Firm of the Year
- 2011 Islamic Finance News - Deal of the Year
- 2011 Islamic Finance News - Sukuk Deal of the Year
- 2011 Islamic Finance News - Turkey Deal of the Year
- 2011 Islamic Finance News - UK Deal of the Year