Maples and Calder's dedicated Latin America practice group consists of fluent Spanish and Portuguese speaking lawyers who have specialist knowledge of Latin American markets. In particular, we have expertise in securitisation, structured finance, capital markets, project finance, banking, corporate and investment funds transactions.
The team advises clients conducting business in the region on the laws of the Cayman Islands, Ireland and the British Virgin Islands and comprises specialists advising on offshore structures for Latin American clients and those investing in the Latin American region.
Our clients include the region's leading financial institutions, investment managers and corporations. Our extensive experience of working on transactions in the region has led to the establishment of strong relations with the leading regional and international law firms. In particular we are known for providing innovative and ground-breaking solutions for our clients and many of our transactions have been independently recognised as such by legal directories and other publications.
With international investment into Latin America increasing, particularly from new sources based in Asia and the Middle East, our global office network allows clients conducting business in the region ready access to our specialist team.
Industry recognition includes the following awards:
- Latin Lawyer 2012 - Restructuring Deal of the Year
- IFLR Americas 2011 - Project Finance Deal of the Year
- Latin Finance 2011 - Best Project Financing Deal
- Latin Finance 2010 - Best Financial Institution Bond, Best Domestic M&A and Best Project Finance;
- IFLR 2009 - Debt-Equity Deal of the Year (Americas);
- Latin Finance 2008 - Best Financial Institutional Bond, Best Syndicated Loan, Best Quasi-Sovereign Bond and Best Corporate Bond;
- Latin Lawyer 2007 - Project Finance Deal of the Year;
- Latin Lawyer 2006 - M&A Deal of the Year and Corporate Finance Deal of the Year (runner-up)