Liquidations and other appointments
Our team is experienced in all aspects of liquidations law and practice. In addition to assisting liquidators in the performance of their duties, we also advise directors, auditors, creditors and other affected parties in their dealings and disputes with liquidators. Our recent work includes:
- Defending redeemed investors from claw back claims brought in the Cayman Islands and British Virgin Islands Courts by the British Virgin Islands liquidators of the Madoff affected Fairfield Sentry fund
- Acting for auditors of collapsed hedge funds in proceedings brought against them in the New York Courts and in relation to their claims in the Cayman Islands Court for indemnity from the funds' liquidators
- Acting for the Cayman Islands liquidators of the Laurus funds
- Acting for the Cayman Islands liquidators of Bancredit (Cayman) Limited in long running disputes with alleged Dominican Republic based creditors of the bank
- Acting for the Cayman Islands liquidators of Banco Privado Portugues (Cayman) Limited in relation to asset recovery claims against the bank's Portuguese parent bank
- Acting for the Cayman Islands liquidators of Nebraska headquartered vehicle warranty insurer National Warranty Risk Retention Group
- Assisting with the liquidations of captive insurance companies
Acting for the Cayman Islands liquidators of joint venture vehicle Freerider Ltd who were appointed as a result of a dispute between its two shareholders/ directors.
Acting for a major international bank in respect of its investment in two of the "GVEC" SPVs fraudulently run by the PEM Group (controlled by Danny Pang) leading to liquidation of the two companies by the British Virgin Islands Court.
Pro-actively participating in the reform of the Cayman Islands' insolvency laws, including membership of the Insolvency Rules Committee.
We offer our clients expertise and strength in depth. We understand your problems, and offer practical solutions.