Our Islamic finance team has been involved in many of the most innovative Islamic finance transactions to date, including the issuance of sukuk (trust certificates which comply with Islamic principals or "Shariah"), derivative transactions, project finance structures and investment funds, in each case structured to comply with Shariah.
We have advised on the largest sukuk issuance to date, the first sukuk issuance in the United Kingdom, the first sukuk to be listed on the Cayman Islands and Dubai stock exchanges and the largest Shariah compliant private equity fund ever launched.
As a result of our work in Islamic finance, we have received numerous awards from international publications and our lawyers are listed among the leading practitioners in the field.
Latest BVI News
- Group statement on the BVI from the Alliance of BVI Professional Services Businesses
- Update on the British Virgin Islands
- International Comparative Legal Guide Business Crime 2018: BVI
- Maples and Calder's BVI Office Remains Temporarily Closed
- Maples and Calder Expands Process Agency Services from London
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.