Our global derivatives team advises swap dealers, prime brokers and other financial institutions on issues of netting and collateral in relation to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc (ISDA) and repo/securities lending agreements.
The team also advises on issues such as capacity, authorisation and enforceability against specific counterparties.
We currently provide the Cayman Islands legal opinions to ISDA, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (fka the Bond Market Association), the International Capital Market Association, the Bundesverband Deutscher Banken (Federal Association of German Banks), the Futures and Options Association, the Foreign Exchange Committee and the British Bankers' Association.
Latest BVI News
- British Virgin Islands & Cayman Islands Companies: Breaking the Stereotype
- Group statement on the BVI from the Alliance of BVI Professional Services Businesses
- Update on the British Virgin Islands
- International Comparative Legal Guide Business Crime 2018: BVI
- Maples and Calder's BVI Office Remains Temporarily Closed
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.