Our global derivatives team advises swap dealers, prime brokers and other financial institutions on issues of netting and collateral in relation to the International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc (ISDA) and repo/securities lending agreements.
The team also advises on issues such as capacity, authorisation and enforceability against specific counterparties.
We currently provide the Cayman Islands legal opinions to ISDA, the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (fka the Bond Market Association), the International Capital Market Association, the Bundesverband Deutscher Banken (Federal Association of German Banks), the Futures and Options Association, the Foreign Exchange Committee and the British Bankers' Association.
Latest BVI News
- BVIFARS Reopened and Updated CRS Reportable Jurisdictions List Published
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by Chambers Global 2018
- Ireland – A Leading Location for Holding and Managing Intellectual Property
- Maples Group Attends MIPIM 2018
- Disposing of British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands Shares by Will
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.