A number of our lawyers, with capital markets experience from major international law firms have expertise in all areas of capital markets work, both secured and unsecured.
Typically, we will be advising where the issue documentation is governed by English or New York law but the issuer is a British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish, Jersey or Luxembourg vehicle. We also advise on transactions where the relevant debt instruments are governed by British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Irish or Jersey law.
Many of our lawyers in this practice area also cover listing of debt instruments and structured finance (see these separate practice areas), in particular where the funding is provided through English or New York governed debt instruments.
Equity capital markets, including IPOs and secondary offerings are covered by the firm’s corporate practice.
Latest BVI News
- Expanding Use of Segregated Portfolio Companies in the BVI
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- BVI & Cayman Islands Sanctions – Additional Reporting Obligations
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by IFLR1000 2019
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Law Review 12th Ed.: BVI
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.