BVI Lawyers in London
Maples and Calder has a full service London-based British Virgin Islands (“BVI”) team, providing legal services across all practice areas.
We understand the need for clients to have high quality jurisdiction specific advice available in a time zone convenient to them. Our London team has extensive experience, and most have previously lived and practised in the BVI. Members of the team are recommended in leading legal directories such as the Legal 500, Chambers Global and Chambers UK.
Our clients include major banks, multinationals, leading law and accountancy firms, professional trust companies and high net worth individuals. We provide advice on a diverse range of BVI legal issues including, but not limited to:
General Corporate and Finance
Advice in relation to general corporate and finance matters, including:
- Banking and secured lending
- Real estate finance
- Cross border asset and project finance transactions
- Debt capital market matters
- Listing of equity, debt and derivatives on major exchanges worldwide, including LSE, AIM, TASE, NYSE, NASDAQ, the Irish Stock Exchange and TSX
- Share acquisitions and disposals
- Voluntary liquidation of solvent and insolvent companies
- Protection of security interests
- Corporate due diligence'
Structuring and establishment of both open-ended and closed-ended investment funds as corporate entities, limited partnerships or unit trusts.
Financial Services Regulatory and Compliance
Legal, regulatory and compliance advice for clients that conduct, or are deemed to conduct, regulated financial services in or from within BVI, including securities and investment advisers and managers, trust companies, insurance companies, captives and Forex platforms.
- Commercial and private trust, charity and estate planning matters, as well as associated regulatory issues, with an emphasis on complex trust structuring including VISTA trusts and the use of private trust companies.
- Opinions to lenders and other counterparties in relation to transactions which involve trusts.
Resolution of contentious matters including shareholder disputes, insolvent liquidations, other insolvency related issues, contentious trust matters and other applications to the BVI courts.
Corporate and Fiduciary Services
The London team liaises closely with our affiliated companies across the Maples Group providing establishment, maintenance and administration of BVI business companies and limited partnerships as well as liquidation and fiduciary services.
Our team of lawyers has extensive experience advising on both common and complex legal issues...
Latest BVI News
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- BVI & Cayman Islands Sanctions – Additional Reporting Obligations
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by IFLR1000 2019
- The Mergers & Acquisitions Law Review 12th Ed.: BVI
- BVI AEOI Update and Introduction of Country-by-Country Reporting
Key BVI Contacts in London
We understand that for cross-border deals our clients need high quality BVI counsel in a time zone convenient to them...