Brian is a Partner in our Dispute Resolution and Regulatory Groups. He has extensive experience advising both domestic and multinational clients from diverse backgrounds on large and complex commercial disputes and regulatory issues, including regulatory investigations and enforcements across the financial services and corporate sectors. His clients include domestic and international financial institutions, multi-national corporates, institutional investors, funds, fund managers, as well as State bodies. Brian's experience includes:
- multi-national dispute resolution and litigation, including domestic and international ad hoc and institutional arbitrations;
- financial services disputes;
- financial regulatory advisory and enforcement advices;
- Irish and EU law including funds and investment disputes;
- international contracts and related disputes;
- corporate disputes;
- shareholders disputes;
- multi-national enforcements;
- large construction projects;
- advices on EU regulatory data protection;
- the procurement and parallel importing regimes.
In addition to advising on regulatory matters and dispute resolution, Brian has extensive experience in advising on commercial and construction contracts. Brian also has experience of different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution and has represented clients in mediation, conciliation, adjudication and expert determination procedures. Brian joined Maples and Calder in 2009. He previously worked with a large Irish corporate law firm.