Read our latest articles, thought leadership, press releases, updates and announcements.
The information within these articles contains opinions and / or pieces of thought leadership.
They do not purport to be comprehensive or to render legal advice.
22 Jan 2019
On 21 January, 2019, the Irish Consumer Protection (Regulation of Credit Servicing Firms) Act 2018 came into force. The Act amends the Central Bank Act, 1997 and will radically alter the operation of the secondary acquisition, ownership and servicing of performing and non-performing Irish consumer loans, and certain SME loans.
21 Jan 2019
Maples and Calder's Investment Management group has worked with AD Global Investors Limited to successfully obtain Central Bank of Ireland authorisation for ADGI to act as an investment manager to Irish authorised Collective Investment Schemes. ADGI are the first Abu Dhabi Global Market authorised and Abu Dhabi-based investment manager to obtain this clearance from the CBI to act for Irish authorised funds.
15 Jan 2019
On 29 March 2019 the UK is currently set to leave the European Union and there is an increasing danger that it will do so on a "no deal" basis.
The Irish Data Protection Commission and its UK equivalent, the Information Commissioner's Office, have both set out guidance on what companies should do if that becomes a reality, which is available on their websites.
20 Dec 2018
This corporate update deals with the following legislative updates:
- New AML Legislation in Force
- Credit Reporting Act 2013 - Extended to include HP and Similar Arrangements
- Corporate Enforcement Authority - Draft Legislation Published
- Corporate Crime - Significant Reforms Proposed
- Increased Merger Thresholds
- Potential Simplification of Merger Control Process
- Amendments to Non-Financial and Diversity Information Disclosure
- Changes to Key Employee Engagement Programme ("KEEP")
19 Dec 2018
In this article, Andrew Quinn and David Burke discuss the Impact of BEPS on Tax Treaty Relief for Alternative Funds.