Private Equity Funds
Expert knowledge, multiple jurisdictions
Our private equity team regularly advises on the formation, structuring and financing of private equity funds. We also work closely with leading international law firms to help their clients achieve their goals.
Our private equity team comprises more than 80 lawyers. Our specialist private equity lawyers bring a wealth of experience to bear on each transaction and are recognised for their expertise in Chambers & Partners, IFLR and Legal 500.
We advise on all aspects of private equity funds including:
- Establishing funds (structured as exempted limited partnerships, companies or trusts)
- Establishing holding companies and financing vehicles
- Acquiring and investing in portfolio companies
- Secondary/distressed acquisitions
- Financing (secured and unsecured)
- Group restructurings and re-organisations
- Investor relations and marketing
- Due diligence
We are uniquely placed among international law firms, offering clients the choice of forming private equity funds in the Cayman Islands, Ireland and the British Virgin Islands. Our experts in these jurisdictions are supported by knowledgeable partners in Dubai, Hong Kong and London, ensuring a seamless response from the location that best suits your needs.
Our affiliate, MaplesFS, works closely with our lawyers to provide specialised fiduciary and administration services to private equity funds and their managers from key onshore and offshore financial centres, including Luxembourg. Our group is therefore uniquely placed to facilitate downstream fund investments.
Our private equity team represents a wide range of managers and institutional investors including large buy-out managers, banks, pension plans and spin-out funds and start-ups across North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. We formed funds and advised on related transactions for 8 of the 20 largest private equity fund managers.
We are also a leading adviser to private equity funds investing in Ireland. Our Irish team advise on all types of private equity transactions and exits from growth and venture investing, management and leveraged buyouts, take privates, secondary buyouts and exits by way of trade sale or IPO. We have been at the forefront in Ireland of advising both bidders and targets in take private transactions and leveraged buyouts and our partners have been involved in the most significant of those transactions in recent years.
- Cayman Investment Funds in Europe
- Funds - Ireland - Quarterly Update Q4 | October - December 2016
- Global Registration Services - Market Update, Q4 2016
- New EMIR Collateral Rules for Non-Cleared OTC Derivatives: Impact for Funds
- The Beneficial Ownership Regulations 2016: Implications for Funds
- Irish Real Estate Funds – Tax Changes
- CP86 Concludes as CBI Resets Governance Framework for Irish Fund Boards
Our unparalleled overview of the funds market gives our clients an edge. We provide insightful, practical and prompt advice based on the latest legal developments and structuring trends.