Hong Kong Funds Group
We were the first firm to establish a team of Cayman Islands funds lawyers in Asia to serve the needs of clients in the region. Our Hong Kong office funds group comprises a number of senior funds lawyers who have had many years of experience advising clients in Asia and continues to enjoy an unrivalled position both in size and breadth of coverage across the region.
Our leading market position enables the group to keep abreast of industry developments in Asia enabling it to assist clients in the establishment of fund structures that meet the unique requirements of local distributors, managers and investors.
Working closely with the leading Japanese law firms, our Hong Kong based funds group has developed particular expertise in the structuring and documentation of funds for institutional investors in Japan and regularly advises the leading US and European managers on the restructuring of their funds to allow them to take investment capital from Japanese investors.
With the growing importance of China as both a jurisdiction in which to invest and raise capital, we are continuing to develop the group by recruiting and training funds lawyers who are both fully conversant in the Mandarin dialect and literate in simplified Chinese characters to help us serve this rapidly growing market.
- Master Fund Reporting – AIFMD (NPPR) Annex IV
- Funds - Ireland - Quarterly Update Q4 | October - December 2016
- New EMIR Collateral Rules for Non-Cleared OTC Derivatives: Impact for Funds
- The Beneficial Ownership Regulations 2016: Implications for Funds
- CP86 Concludes as CBI Resets Governance Framework for Irish Fund Boards
- Irish Fund Managers now eligible for Chinese RQFII Licence
- Irish Funds Market Update 2016
In 2014 we acted on 35% of all CIMA registered funds. That level of Cayman Islands market experience is unmatched, and we use insights gained for the benefit of our clients.