Our Islamic finance team has been involved in many of the most innovative Islamic finance transactions to date, including the issuance of sukuk (trust certificates which comply with Islamic principals or "Shariah"), derivative transactions, project finance structures and investment funds, in each case structured to comply with Shariah.
We have advised on the largest sukuk issuance to date, the first sukuk issuance in the United Kingdom, the first sukuk to be listed on the Cayman Islands and Dubai stock exchanges and the largest Shariah compliant private equity fund ever launched.
As a result of our work in Islamic finance, we have received numerous awards from international publications and our lawyers are listed among the leading practitioners in the field.
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by Legal 500 Caribbean 2019
- Maples and Calder Given Top Tier Rankings by IFLR1000 2019
- Jersey Bursary Scheme
- BVI AEOI Update and Introduction of Country-by-Country Reporting
- The Aviation Law Review, 6th Ed.: Cayman Islands
- CIMA Notice: AML Officer Deadline Extensions
- Maples and Calder Launches Legal Service Offering in Jersey
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.