Our Islamic finance team has been involved in many of the most innovative Islamic finance transactions to date, including the issuance of sukuk (trust certificates which comply with Islamic principals or "Shariah"), derivative transactions, project finance structures and investment funds, in each case structured to comply with Shariah.
We have advised on the largest sukuk issuance to date, the first sukuk issuance in the United Kingdom, the first sukuk to be listed on the Cayman Islands and Dubai stock exchanges and the largest Shariah compliant private equity fund ever launched.
As a result of our work in Islamic finance, we have received numerous awards from international publications and our lawyers are listed among the leading practitioners in the field.
- Ireland Reminder – Credit Reporting Obligations
- Irish Court of Appeal Rules on Default Interest and Loan Enforcement Issues
- Investment Entity AML Officers: Only Two Months Remain to Make Appointments
- The Use of Cayman Islands Structures in Islamic Finance
- Maples Advises First Aviation Company to Enter Maritime & Aviation City
- Central Bank of Ireland's Annual Report
- Securitisation Guide 2018: Cayman Islands
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.