Our Islamic finance team has been involved in many of the most innovative Islamic finance transactions to date, including the issuance of sukuk (trust certificates which comply with Islamic principals or "Shariah"), derivative transactions, project finance structures and investment funds, in each case structured to comply with Shariah.
We have advised on the largest sukuk issuance to date, the first sukuk issuance in the United Kingdom, the first sukuk to be listed on the Cayman Islands and Dubai stock exchanges and the largest Shariah compliant private equity fund ever launched.
As a result of our work in Islamic finance, we have received numerous awards from international publications and our lawyers are listed among the leading practitioners in the field.
- Maples and Calder Advises Avolon on US$10bn Acquisition
- Alternative A Insolvency Remedy Adopted by Ireland
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Lending and Secured Finance 2017
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: Cayman Islands
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: BVI
- Cayman Islands Stock Exchange Listing Rules 2017 Revision
- Cayman Enterprise City Launches Aviation Services Park
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.