Insurance Linked Products
We have unrivalled experience with respect to catastrophe bond and side car transactions using Cayman issuers as well as experience in US life settlement transactions through Irish vehicles. Our team has strong relationships with all of the leading US and UK law firms in these market sectors.
We have acted as issuer's counsel to almost all Cayman catastrophe bond issuers and have been involved in the structuring of novel new products, such as the first longevity trend catastrophe bonds and the first medical claims catastrophe bonds. In the Cayman Islands and Dublin, we provide both legal and listing services to these transactions. We are also able to offer a "one stop shop" solution with fiduciary, insurance management and accounting services through our affiliate MaplesFS.
US life settlements are a fast growing alternative asset class. Our Irish finance and tax groups have been at the forefront in establishing Ireland as an attractive jurisdiction for the holding of US life settlements by international investors. We work closely with the leading US law firms in this asset class in developing innovative and efficient structures. Again, we can offer "one stop shop" solutions through MaplesFS for the servicing of Irish vehicles holding life settlements.
- New AML Regulations: Application to Insurance & Unregulated Investment Entities
- The Lending and Secured Finance Review, 3rd Edition - Ireland Chapter
- The Aviation Law Review, 5th Ed.: Cayman Islands
- Cayman AEOI Update: Portal Backlog Advisory
- The CLOser - September 2017
- Cayman AEOI Update: Portal Closure Date
- BVI AEOI Update: CRS Reporting Deadline Further Extended
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.