Combining Maples and Calder's leading finance and investment funds capability, our Fund Finance team has widespread experience in advising on all aspects of fund financing and related security structures for both lenders and borrowers.
Correctly securing collateral is of paramount importance in fund financing. The taking of security over private equity and hedge fund assets can be commercially sensitive and involve complex areas of law, particularly where assets are held both directly and through third party custodians and where the security includes the right to deal directly with investors in each structure.
Our team includes specialists from each of our Finance and Investment Funds practices who are highly experienced in advising lenders and borrowers on all secured lending transactions typically used in the marketplace, with particular emphasis on subscription credit facilities. As a leading adviser in three of the major fund jurisdictions, we are at the forefront of developments in the global funds market, enabling us to utilise our unrivalled market knowledge to provide cutting-edge and expert advice to clients.
Our expertise includes advising on the full spectrum of fund finance, including:
- Subscription credit facilities
- Secured lending transactions
- Fund margin lending
- Liquidity line facilities
- Management fee credit lines
- Mezzanine financing
- NAV facilities
- Private placements
- Repo transactions
- Total return swaps and other derivative arrangements
- Variable funding note arrangements
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Aviation Law 2018, 6th Edition
- The International Capital Markets Review, 7th Edition
- Islamic Finance News: Annual Guide 2018
- Cayman Islands Country-By-Country Reporting Regulations Issued
- Maples Group Advises Aergen on US$579.8 Million ABS
- Maples Advises on Debut Aircraft Bond Transaction
- Cayman Islands Revises Aspects of the Beneficial Ownership Register Regime
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.