Combining Maples and Calder's leading finance and investment funds capability, our Fund Finance team has widespread experience in advising on all aspects of fund financing and related security structures for both lenders and borrowers.
Correctly securing collateral is of paramount importance in fund financing. The taking of security over private equity and hedge fund assets can be commercially sensitive and involve complex areas of law, particularly where assets are held both directly and through third party custodians and where the security includes the right to deal directly with investors in each structure.
Our team includes specialists from each of our Finance and Investment Funds practices who are highly experienced in advising lenders and borrowers on all secured lending transactions typically used in the marketplace, with particular emphasis on subscription credit facilities. As a leading adviser in three of the major fund jurisdictions, we are at the forefront of developments in the global funds market, enabling us to utilise our unrivalled market knowledge to provide cutting-edge and expert advice to clients.
Our expertise includes advising on the full spectrum of fund finance, including:
- Subscription credit facilities
- Secured lending transactions
- Fund margin lending
- Liquidity line facilities
- Management fee credit lines
- Mezzanine financing
- NAV facilities
- Private placements
- Repo transactions
- Total return swaps and other derivative arrangements
- Variable funding note arrangements
- Maples and Calder Advises Avolon on US$10bn Acquisition
- Alternative A Insolvency Remedy Adopted by Ireland
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Lending and Secured Finance 2017
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: Cayman Islands
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: BVI
- Cayman Islands Stock Exchange Listing Rules 2017 Revision
- Cayman Enterprise City Launches Aviation Services Park
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.