A number of our lawyers, with capital markets experience from major international law firms have expertise in all areas of capital markets work, both secured and unsecured.
Typically, we will be advising where the issue documentation is governed by English or New York law but the issuer is a Cayman Islands, Irish or British Virgin Islands vehicle. We also advise on transactions where the relevant debt instruments are governed by Cayman Islands, Irish or British Virgin Islands law.
Many of our lawyers in this practice area also cover listing of debt instruments and structured finance (see these separate practice areas), in particular where the funding is provided through English or New York governed debt instruments.
Equity capital markets, including IPOs and secondary offerings are covered by the firm’s corporate practice.
- Cayman AEOI Update: Deadline Extension and Updated Self-Certification Forms
- BVI Financial Account Reporting System – Now Ready for Reporting CRS
- BVI Introduces Beneficial Ownership Reporting Requirements
- Cayman Islands Introduces Limited Liability Partnership Vehicle
- EU Cross-Border Insolvency and Rescue – EU Insolvency Regulation
- BVI AEOI Update – CRS Deadlines and BVIFARS Opening
- Maples and Calder Advises Avolon on US$10bn Acquisition
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.