Acquisition and Leveraged Financing
Our acquisition and leveraged finance team is highly experienced in advising on structures involving Cayman Islands, Irish or British Virgin Islands entities. In particular we advise on issues relating to taking security over assets, including shares, limited partnership interests and other forms of equity interests issued by Cayman Islands, Irish or British Virgin Islands vehicles.
In Ireland we advise on mainstream corporate leveraged financing on bank and borrower side, with particular expertise in syndicated multi-creditor structures, and construction financings.
We have strong links with virtually all of the major US and UK law firms who lead on private equity and hedge fund leveraged finance transactions. On the lending side we have excellent relationships with most of the investment and commercial banks that provide finance in this area.
In addition, due in part to the strength of our leading investment funds team and our team based approach, the global finance team has a powerful borrower-side practice where we act for both private equity and hedge funds.
- Maples and Calder Advises Avolon on US$10bn Acquisition
- Alternative A Insolvency Remedy Adopted by Ireland
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Lending and Secured Finance 2017
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: Cayman Islands
- Lending & Secured Finance Guide 2017: BVI
- Cayman Islands Stock Exchange Listing Rules 2017 Revision
- Cayman Enterprise City Launches Aviation Services Park
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.