Our structured finance group advises on all types of international securitisation transactions and on a full array of traditional and bespoke transaction structures. These include cash and synthetic CDO/CLOs, stand alone and multi-issuer repackaging programmes, structured products using collateralised swaps and repos and trade finance securitisations. We also have particular expertise advising issuers, trustees and arrangers on restructuring and termination of structured finance products.
It is a testament to the quality of our global team that we have been involved in the development of a number of new products assisting, for example, with the development and use of preference shares and combination securities by CDO issuers and the structuring and use of segregated portfolio companies, limited partnerships and trusts as special purpose vehicle issuers, for structured finance transactions. Additionally we assisted Standard and Poors in developing their Cayman specific rating criteria for special purpose companies.
What differentiates us in this market area is the extensive experience of our practitioners, the depth of our team and our collegiate approach. This enables us to provide the highest quality legal advice to our clients on structured transactions ranging from commoditised deals to the largest and most complex, both in the Cayman Islands and Ireland, two of the leading jurisdictions for structured finance solutions.
Through our international office network offering these legal services, we have built a global understanding of our clients' tax and structuring needs enabling us to work effectively with other transaction counsel. Combine this with the suite of services offered by MaplesFS and you have a "one stop shop" capability for legal and fiduciary services that adds real value whilst delivering significant efficiencies.
- Bank Liability for Misleading Marketing Materials
- Debt Capital Markets in the Cayman Islands: Regulatory Overview
- Equity Capital Markets in the Cayman Islands: Regulatory Overview
- Risk Retention Survey of US CLO Managers – Part II
- Who Are Your Beneficial Owners?
- Madoff Litigation: UCITS Investor Rights and Depositary Liability
- Maples and Calder Advises Western Digital on Acquisition of SanDisk
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.
- 2012Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year
- 2010Structured Finance Deal of the Year 2010
- 2008Best Syndicated Loan
- 2008Best Quasi-Sovereign Bond