Experienced people, pragmatic approach
Strength in depth is a key component to our success. Our collegiate and team focused approach ensures that the right expertise, at the right level of experience, is brought to each transaction. With more than 60 highly skilled partners and associates practising Cayman Islands, Irish and British Virgin Islands law, you can be confident that Maples and Calder has the knowledge and experience needed for even the most complex financial transactions, with the resources to meet the toughest deadlines.
We have finance partners based in each Maples and Calder office, delivering time zone convenience and multi-office capability across our global network. For fiduciary services requirements, we provide a seamless, "one stop shop" capability through our affiliate MaplesFS.
Our Cayman Islands finance team, has consistently maintained its position as the largest and most successful Cayman Islands firm, holding top rankings across the leading legal directories, such as International Financial Law Review (IFLR), Chambers and Partners, Legal 500 and Practical Law Company (PLC). We have also consistently featured as the leading counsel to issuers in global league tables for CDO/CLOs and repackaging issuances, including FactSet and Dealogic, among others.
Our Irish finance practice is one of the largest dedicated groups of its type in the Irish market. Through acting on award-winning and innovative deals it has continued to move up the Irish law firm finance rankings across the same leading legal directories. The team works closely with our Irish Tax Group to deliver tax efficient and innovative solutions to our clients.
Our British Virgin Islands qualified finance lawyers handle a variety of complex matters relating to asset and project finance, general banking and shipping registration from offices in the British Virgin Islands, Hong Kong and London. We have consistently retained a solid standing in the market place amongst our peers and maintain a 'recommended firm' rating in the legal directory rankings.
Clients repeatedly return to us due to our ability to structure and implement complex financial transactions under intense time pressure. With our pragmatic commercial approach and technical expertise, we can help you achieve your objectives in whichever jurisdiction you are based.
- Irish SPVs Holding Irish Property Assets
- British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands Added to the Italian Whitelist
- Cayman FATCA Notification & Reporting Deadlines Extended to September 2016
- Maples Group Assists AerGen in Debut ABS Issuance
- Cayman Islands FATCA Notification and Reporting Deadlines Fast Approaching
- The CLOser - July 2016
- Cayman Islands Limited Liability Companies - Open for Business
Our strategic global presence and highest quality expertise ensure that our clients receive unmatched service and advice, provided in a commercial and cost-effective way.
- 2015Best Law Firm in Offshore Finance
- 2015Finance Deal of the Year: Acquisition Finance - The American Lawyer Global Legal Awards
- 2015Asset and Corporate Finance Deal of the Year - ALB SE Asia Awards
- 2015M&A Deal of the Year - ALB SE Asia Awards
- 2015High Yield Deal of the Year - IFLR Asia Awards
- 2015Project Finance Deal of the Year - IFLR Asia Awards
- 2015Finance Deal of the Year: Projects - The Asian Lawyer
- 2014Best Financial Institutional Bond
- 2014Loans and Financing: SME Sector - Deal of the Year
- 2014Debt Capital Markets - ABS Deal of the Year
- 2014Best Law Firm in Offshore Finance
- 2014UAE Deal of the Year
- 2014Qatar Deal of the Year
- 2014IPO Deal of the Year
- 2014Private Equity Deal of the Year
- 2013Private Equity Deal of the Year - IFLR Asia Awards
- 2012Islamic Finance Deal of the Year - Middle East Law Awards
- 2012Structured Finance and Securitisation Deal of the Year
- 2012Aviation Law Firm of the Year, Hong Kong - Acquisition International Legal Awards
- 2012Aviation Law Firm of the Year - Ireland
- 2012Banking Law Firm of the Year - Ireland
- 2012Deal of the Year
- 2012Offshore Firm of the Year
- 2012Sukuk Deal of the Year
- 2012Deal of the Year - Turkey
- 2012Deal of the Year - UK
- 2012Islamic Finance Deal of the Year
- 2011Debt and Equity-Linked Deal of the Year
- 2011Project Finance Deal of the Year
- 2011Best Project Finance Deal
- 2011IFSC Deal of the Year
- 2011Copyright Law Firm of the Year, Cayman Islands - Law Awards
- 2011Aviation Law Firm of the Year, Hong Kong - Finance Monthly Law Awards
- 2011Project Finance Deal of the Year, Americas
- 2010Best Domestic M&A
- 2010Best Project Finance Deal
- 2010Best Financial Institution Bond
- 2010M&A Deal of the Year
- 2010Capital Markets Firm of the Year, Ireland - Law Awards
- 2009Debt Equity Deal of the Year, Americas
- 2008Best Quasi-Sovereign Bond
- 2008Best Corporate Bond
- 2008Best Syndicated Loan